UWI, Mona, WJC Librarian
Provides leadership and expertise in a wide range of Library services to the Western Jamaica Campus, including the management and development of the Library facilities and active participation in University outreach to foster growth on the Campus
Services offered include:
- Collaboration with librarians, faculty, and departmental representatives, and other stakeholders for the effective provision and use of e-resources, audio-visual and print resources in the Library.
- Conducting Information Literacy sessions in a group or individual setting as well as other training appropriate for use of the Library resources
- Reviewing course outlines and liaising with course coordinators and lecturers to ensure appropriate coverage of course material relevant to the Western Jamaica Campus
- Providing guidance and training in use of databases and other library resources
- Promoting virtual reference to Library users so that resources of the University Library are equally available to all users
- Identifying, processing and disseminating appropriate E-resources that are relevant to disciplines taught by the Western Jamaica Campus.
- Assisting in the development of the Library’s webpage with particular reference to the development of the Western Jamaica Campus Library webpage.
- Assisting with UWI, Mona, Western Jamaica Campus management and development activities.
- Thesis scrutiny.